Description: Dual Credit courses allow high school students to simultaneously earn high school and college credit while still in high school.
Credit: Credit is awarded when the students passes the Dual Credit course with a grade of C or higher.
Teachers/Instructors: Taught by college instructors and/or high school teachers who serve as adjunct professors. Teacher must have masters w/at least 18 hours of graduate level classes in the course he/she is teaching.
College/University Credit: Dual Credit courses are accepted at most colleges and universities in and around Texas. These are college credit classes. Students should check with individual colleges for their academic requirements/policies.
Must be identified as a high school student.
Must have high school approval.
Must meet TSI eligibility requirements for college-level course work.
Impact on HS GPA: Double accumulated grade points.
- Step 1- Download and complete DC packet
- Step 2- Complete Eastfield online DC application
- Step 3- Bring completed packet to Ms. Upton in the College Readiness Center for evaluation
- Step 4- TSI student must be TSI met in order to participate in core dual credit classes.
- Exemptions from TSI...
- 4000+ on STAAR English 2 EOC (for the reading & writing TSI)
- 460 EBRW PSAT
- 510 Math PSAT
- 480 on EBRW SAT
- 530 on math SAT
- 23 on the ACT with a minimum of 19 on English & math respectively
- Exemptions from TSI...
- Core DC Classes
- Speech (1311)
- Chemistry (1405/1407)
- US History (1301/1302)
- US Government (2305)
- TX Government (2306)
- Spanish 3 (1411/1412)
- Spanish 4 (2311/2312)
- English 3 (1301/1302)
- English 4 (2322/2323)
- College Math (1314/1316)
- French 1 (1411)
- French 2 (1412)
- American Sign Language (1301/1302)
- Economics (2301)
- Psychology (2301)
- BIM (BCIS 1405)
- Art Appreciation 1301
Exemptions from TSI:
4000+ on STAAR English 2 EOC (for the reading & writing TSI)
460 EBRW PSAT
510 Math PSAT
480 on EBRW SAT
530 on math SAT
23 on the ACT with a minimum of 19 on English & math respectively
- All JHHS students interested in DC can take the TSI for free one time.
- All other attempts will cost $5 for reading & writing and $5 for math
- Seniors needing to take the TSI will pay the $5 for each section of the test; reading/writing & math
- Please use the link below to study for this test- it is a college placement exam.
TSI is also know as the ACCUPLACER. Find free TSI/Accuplacer study material below!
There is a NEW TSI as of 1/11/21
Information on the new test is Coming Soon!!
Writing - You MUST write a traditional style essay with at least 600 words (Intro, 3-4 body paragraphs with detail and examples, and a conclusion)
Reading - SLOW down, read, and reread!! The first 24 questions are the MOST important, you can’t go back & and the first 2 questions determine your score
Math - You are provided a calculator in the Accuplacer program. You will see the icon in the top right corner for questions that allow a calculator- otherwise you won’t see the icon b/c it isn’t allowed on that question. The first 20 questions are the most important and those 20 questions determine your score